Sunday, May 30, 2010

Busy Busy Day


I have been very busy today, changing sheets, making bread, soup, biscuits etc as am having DD and SIL and GChildren staying for 2 nights while they are having new carpet laid. It will be fun as it will be a tight fit but we have done it before, albeit the children were much younger!
What a lovely sunny day after the cold rainy days we have been getting, today was the first real frost.... don't you just love those frosty mornings knowing that there will be a beautiful day
ahead.
I finished my Circular Shrug, a bit tedious to knit but a very clever pattern, in fact I have been wearing it for the last three days haven't even blocked it yet as you can see the sleeves have rolled under. I am looking for some wool to do another as I cant bear to take it off!!! I also finished some fingerless gloves that are lovely and warm. I intend doing some in 4 ply so they will be smaller to wear inside when I am on the computer.
Started some socks last night the pattern is one I have done before River Rapids quite an easy pattern that stretches well to a accommodate a variety of widths, it will be a change from plain ones. The colorway is black green and blues another from Vintage Purls and it is knitting up lovely.
Well off to get a well earned cuppa and biccy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oparara Arch

Oparara Arch

Bush Robin?

Bush Robin?
Sharing Lunch

Mirror Tarn

Mirror Tarn

Bush Walk

Bush Walk
Nearly There

Scotts Beach

Scotts Beach
Worth the Walk