Monday, March 26, 2012

House Guest !!!
























This week I have had a lovely house guest. Flicka is a lovely canary belonging to Georgia, only a baby really. They have been on holiday for a week so I had a break too. I must admit I will miss this little bird as he has been company for me.


Surprisingly considering the free time I had this week I dont seem to have achieved very much on the knitting front. Managed to start several projects but not just right. I did finish a few more Swirl Hats one of my favourite patterns for babies.


I also ordered a beautiful pink sock yarn from Vintage Purls, and just looking at some of my other skeins they are all brights which is not usually my cup of tea much preferring autumn tones. These are not earmarked for me though.


I also finished some Magic Slippers you can find the pattern here I love this little pattern a bit fiddly but quick to make in your leftover sock yarn.


Caught up with my friend Ruth yesterday for lunch it was good to see her and hear all the news of her trip to the UK at Christmas time. The weather was lovely we sat outside in the sun and I made some bread for lunch.


It is getting noticeable cooler these morning though and find I want to stay under the covers for a bit longer!
Last Friday was Joels 8th birthday and we all went out for lunch to 623 On he Rocks, it was a lovely day with both grandparents and great Grannie who is her 96th year, she is amazing!


Well the kids will be picking me up soon for another sleepover and to return dear little Flicka or Birdie as I call him with a list of things he likes to eat! I figure he has been quite spoilt here!
Have a lovely week all


Janet.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Oparara Arch

Oparara Arch

Bush Robin?

Bush Robin?
Sharing Lunch

Mirror Tarn

Mirror Tarn

Bush Walk

Bush Walk
Nearly There

Scotts Beach

Scotts Beach
Worth the Walk