Thursday, May 24, 2012

MILOMAY2012







I was very excited to cast on for my first Milo vest I have been longing to knit this for a long


time as over 4000 people have knitted this on Ravelry. Love the simplicity of this knit all done in the round, no seams ...... Bliss!


Tikki the designer on Ravelry has a bit of a competition going in May to knit her design and to win some lovely yarn.


I made both for James who is 2 and I made the size 3 with 4 length and just fits him! I am loving the autumn colours right now. The first I made with mainly Vintage Purls Max a beautiful soft and squishy Merino wool.


I have just finished a second in Avocado and Oasis from The Wool Company Utiku wools. While this is not as soft as the Max I think it will be very warm and hard wearing I washed it is conditioner for blocking to soften it a little.


I have also made several Reike Hats for the Grandchildren big and small, its such an easy pattern and quite trendy in its simplicity.


Been enjoying the beautiful sunny Autumn days after the frost, this is a lovely time of the year the colours are so beautiful can you tell I love autumn colours and they are the ones I like to wear!


I am still ploughing through my Still Light Tunic it is an epic knit, I'm liking it so far, have nearly finished the first sleeve and only got one more then the pockets. I can see this being very warm for winter.


Have a great week all


Janet














No comments:

Post a Comment

Oparara Arch

Oparara Arch

Bush Robin?

Bush Robin?
Sharing Lunch

Mirror Tarn

Mirror Tarn

Bush Walk

Bush Walk
Nearly There

Scotts Beach

Scotts Beach
Worth the Walk