Thursday, October 24, 2013

Dyeing and more Dyeing with a little Knitting!

Where have the last 2 months gone? It has been a busy time with several birthdays, mine included. Before we know it Chridtmas will be here and I am not prepared!!!I have been doing more dyeing and have made myself a lovely top Elfe is the pattern on Rav and have been wanting to make this for ages. Now I can dye my own wool it makes it easier to choose the right colours. I decide to go for a dark navy/black nd bright cerise pink and they look great together. I would totally recommend this pattern its do easy and effective like others have said next time I would do the jogless stripe down
one side.
I realize that while taking these pics I do need a new camera just cant capture the colours correctly. I have also done some baby knitting. I made three Marjie little shrugs this is a new pattern by Julia Stanfield, very quick and easy and takes very little yarn 50 gr for the smallest but I was using DK instead of 10 ply.
I also made a sweet baby cardi type shrug in 4ply merino that i hand dyed. I love this it is called NB vertebrae and is so cute and one again takes a bout 50 gr yarn. This is by Kelly Brooker. I have just finished my SIL a pair of plain socks in VP yarn that I over dyed (sacrilege I know) to be a more male colour they came out a lovely chocolate brown. Well Linds is just on her way to pick me up to go to her house then perhaps for a coffee. Have a good week wherever you are. From sunny Nelson!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oparara Arch

Oparara Arch

Bush Robin?

Bush Robin?
Sharing Lunch

Mirror Tarn

Mirror Tarn

Bush Walk

Bush Walk
Nearly There

Scotts Beach

Scotts Beach
Worth the Walk