Friday, February 7, 2014

Its Been Awhile

Well feeling motivated today to getting back here again. Ive been at Linds for the past few days babysitting animals while they were away. They had to go later as Great Granny (Mons) passed away on Friday, she was in her 98th year and was a lovely lady and will be sadly missed. Ive been inspired to make some Cardies for myself just lately as I haven't been doing the markets. I had been drawn to this pattern Criollo designer is Justyna Lorkowska. From the first time I saw it I have had it in my queue on Ravely. I made one then I made 2 perhaps there may even be a No 3 I love the construction, fit, everything and I really love cardies made with 4 ply especially as I dyed it up myself which was challenging to say the least, to try and get the skein's the same, of course I didn't but not too noticeable and I didn't feel like alternating skeins esp with trying out a new design. Of course now I want to try out more of her designs as the fit is fantastic
Had trouble capturing the colours I was dragging the model that Georgia so kindly gave me all around the house must find a name for her!!. The lovely little project bag I won in a competition held by Laura from The Dyers Notebook podcast and the prize was from Little Skein on etsy. The bag which features The Little Velveteen Rabbit is so well made with lovely quality fabrics I am so pleased with it , and have several WIP hidden away in it. It has inspired me to make some of my own so you may see yet some sewing related articles on my blog now that would be different wouldn't it!!! I am excited to add that I have now lost 10 kilos mainly eating healthy and exercises walking and Hula Hooping I borrowed my granddaughters hoop an have lost about 5-6 ins from my waist so if you have one handy go try!!!. Oh I have dyed some wool but not much, I am mainly dyeing what I need to knit as I have loads put away, hopefully will try the markets when it gets a little cooler to sell some. I must admit I will concentrate on the dyeing as I love it so much. Well its come over cold here and raining so must put another layer on, pleased that I got up to the shops early before the rain. Good old Metservice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oparara Arch

Oparara Arch

Bush Robin?

Bush Robin?
Sharing Lunch

Mirror Tarn

Mirror Tarn

Bush Walk

Bush Walk
Nearly There

Scotts Beach

Scotts Beach
Worth the Walk