Thursday, November 20, 2014

I.m Still Here!

Been away from the blog far too long !!  dont seem to have lots to report this time.
Its hard to belive it will be the start of our summer in Dec. It has been quite cold and very windy here in Nelson, even more so than usual for this time of the year.
I have knitted 2 pairs of socks for my brother in the UK he has very big feet!! but managed to get a pair out of 1 skein. He was thrilled with them.
I have also entered into the indie designer GAL Gift-a-long on ravelry where some designers put up a few patterns at discount prices and there are games prizes and lots of fun plus you have the incentive to finish some Christmas gifts! It goes for 2 months so there is still time to join. If you are not a member of Ravelry you must join up, its great fun.
My entry (there may be more!) is a sweater for next winter, or it may be sooner than that if the weather is anything to go by! Its called Briquette by Alicia Plummer and I have liked it since seeing it on Rav. Havent attempted a jersey before so will see how it goes.  I'm liking the look of it so far but  i am pleased i opted for the size 39 even though I am 37,  it fits where it touches so far!! I dyed the yarn myself in a sort of winey brown that I am calling Raisinberry, even though dyed together I can see slightly the difference between skeins. not bothered too much about it though if I like the fit etc will probably make another, it does have a hood and never done one of those before, so its a learning curve for me. Here is my project page on rav.
Just used the last of my lemons up to make a yummy dressing, it is so simple. Looks like there will be lots of blossoms on the tree, it sure does suit being moved from its cold part of the garden.
Here is the Recipe.

Equell  parts of lemon juice and oil. I use canola but can use what you like. About 3 lemons you could use more.
I large teaspoon of honey or you could use sugar, I think honey better myself.
1 large teaspoon of Wholegrain mustard.
Mix all together in glass jar and shake well
Enjoy!!
Have a good week wherever you are.
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oparara Arch

Oparara Arch

Bush Robin?

Bush Robin?
Sharing Lunch

Mirror Tarn

Mirror Tarn

Bush Walk

Bush Walk
Nearly There

Scotts Beach

Scotts Beach
Worth the Walk