Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tangled Up



Dull rainy day today just right for baking and some knitting. I have got a loaf of bread rising and have just made some Date Scones. I just added a cup of chopped dates to dry ingredients
.

Elfin Scones

450 gr S.R flour (eg 3 1/2 cups flour 6 tsp B. P

1tsp salt

50 gr butter

350 mil milk


Stir mixture of flour salt B.P. Rub butter into flour make well in centre and add milk I usually put a little water in the milk. Stirring quickly and lightly to soft dough. Turn onto floured board and knead lightly 10 times with fingertips. Roll to 15mm 3/4-inch thickness and shape as desired. Glaze tops with milk and beaten egg Bake 230 (450) for 10-15 mins.



Been trying to use up some of my odds and ends of sock yarn and found this pattern Mini Mochi Fair-isle Hat and Mittens Pattern. Trying to practice stranded work it takes me ages to do a row and my finger is full of puncture holes! and my yarn is all tangled I suppose practice will make perfect . It will be interesting to see how the gauge goes as it is looking quite small.

Well the sun is trying to come out to brighten up the day cant believe that we have had quite a mild winter and it is the first day of spring in a couple of days!

1 comment:

Oparara Arch

Oparara Arch

Bush Robin?

Bush Robin?
Sharing Lunch

Mirror Tarn

Mirror Tarn

Bush Walk

Bush Walk
Nearly There

Scotts Beach

Scotts Beach
Worth the Walk