Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Something New



Yesterday I decided that I needed to try some stranded colourwork before I tackled any of the V P designs for birds and bugs from the Sock Clubs.
I found this pattern on Ravelry, Fair Isle Flower Socks They looked easy enough for a first project and trying my hand at knitting with 2 yarns one in right throwing the yarn and the other continental knitting , it was a bit fiddly at first but soon got the hang of it . I only used the motif pattern, and knit the rest using my basic sock pattern. It was miles too tight and my GD who is 8 could barely get it over her heel. My tension must be soo tight, I think the problem is I have just started knitting magic loop on one circular needle and it has made my tension much tighter than DPNS. Also the continental style is very tight. The other sock I am going to try DPNs and see how I go.( I found that using DPNS made the tension okay still a little tight though may have to try larger circs)I must admit I love doing this colourwork once I get the tension sorted.
It is a beautiful day here in Nelson as we had a very hard frost, but beautiful sunny morning. I went for a long walk quite early, must do this more often to enjoy this lovely walk seeing the snow capped mountains. We very often miss seeing what is right on our doorstep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oparara Arch

Oparara Arch

Bush Robin?

Bush Robin?
Sharing Lunch

Mirror Tarn

Mirror Tarn

Bush Walk

Bush Walk
Nearly There

Scotts Beach

Scotts Beach
Worth the Walk