Monday, March 5, 2012

Phew! Quickest Socks Ever









On Wednesday afternoon I received a lovely skein of sock yarn from Vintage Purls thought this would be a good colour for Patrick for his birthday, I failed to realize his birthday was on the 12Th March. Started that evening and finished them last night.!! 4 days . He has size 12 feet so I had a marathon task...... finished with a few grams to spare!


I have been waiting for my 2Nd instalment of Morags sock club and as yet it hasn't arrived I am really disappointed as everybody else seems to have received theirs. Hope it hasn't gone missing.


There have been a few F.O. this last week, I made a really nice top Sassy metrical you can find the pattern here. I really loved knitting this all in one piece doing the sleves magic loop. I brought the wool off of Trademe while it was lovely wool and colours it wasn't very soft so I soaked it in conditioner and it was much better. I had to do a bit of math for this one which is not my forte but would like to make another.


I also finished a couple of cable baby hats with socks to match. Love these together, the colour is more teal than pic.


Last but not least is another http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/puerperium-cardiganI love this little card it is so easy to knit the pattern is great and it is free although there is The Beyond Puerperium which I think would be great to purchase. I think it would get much use.


Oh I nearly forgot I ordered some wool from Skeinz online store and brought a variety of different wool to try, they all look very nice, watch this space for more F. O. in this yarn!!! Bonus is you get free shipping for orders over $50!!


Well must be time for a cuppa and more knitting and waiting for that elusive parcel!


Janet




No comments:

Post a Comment

Oparara Arch

Oparara Arch

Bush Robin?

Bush Robin?
Sharing Lunch

Mirror Tarn

Mirror Tarn

Bush Walk

Bush Walk
Nearly There

Scotts Beach

Scotts Beach
Worth the Walk