Tuesday, April 17, 2012

On The Knitting Front
















I have been quite busy knitting this last week or so. I was looking for a top I could make out of 2 delicious skeins of VP…… Only had 10 g left! This( Tappan Zee) only took about 4 days to make and I really enjoyed it. I added 7 stithces to the underarms as no way was it going to fit otherwise, I decreased 10 of them out about halfway down, over a couple of rows, as I didnt want it bagging out at the back. I think it is a perfect fit with lovely drape, I am not into wearing shawls so it is is a lovely alternative. I also found some handmade buttons I had made a while ago, they matched beautifully. After blocking it grew in length but I can live with that. I cant wait to get some more sock so I can cast on another!



I also made a lovely hat called Rikke which is a free pattern. I used Vintage Purls Max. It only took me a few hours of mindless K&P in fact I quite enjoy purling! I did have to learn to do German Twisted cast on which took me a while to master with the help of the tutorial above, got it sussed now though. Only did it to 7 ins before decreasing as I didnt want it too slouchy as it is going to be a hat for Beka who likes beanies, I hope she likes it , I dont think I saw one I didnt like on Ravelry. I am now casting on for another.


Yesterday I received another box of beautiful soaps from Julie my daughter of soapsensations

They smell divine and I am just waiting for them to cure for a short time then I will indulge.

Truly awesome and your creations too Beka!


Well it is time for a cuppa

Have lovely day wherever you are



Janet


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Oparara Arch

Oparara Arch

Bush Robin?

Bush Robin?
Sharing Lunch

Mirror Tarn

Mirror Tarn

Bush Walk

Bush Walk
Nearly There

Scotts Beach

Scotts Beach
Worth the Walk