Sunday, July 20, 2014

More of This and That

Well its been very cold here with lots of frosts but mostly sunny days! sadly today is very bleak but Ive just been for a walk to warm me up!! Been knitting socks again mine are in short supply tried the new fish kiss heel tried both toe up and top down still like my good old favourite top /cuff down with a regular heel flap, better fit. The pattern is by Stephanie Pearl McPhee A good plain Sock Recipe that I found in her book Knitting Rules. I have had this hankering for gold coloured yarn so set out to dye mesome! I dont really like shawls that much but I have been wanting to knit this one Age of Brass and Steam for a while nothing fancy but looks quite effective I think. The wool I use was some merino from the USA European sock. I also dyed up some of the new naked Skeinz Merino new to them and I must say I am impressed how lovely soft and squishy it is and dyes beautifully. I had a bit of a dyeing session yesterday and got carried away with my gold, now it can only be described as GLOWING! I don't mind it but it is a bit bright! Also tried some dip dyeing not too happy with colours but somebody might like them! I also dyed a pastel green and bubblegum pink. I also dyed some merino for my daughter for her birthday purples etc it turned out nice very Royale with the gold! Having to think what I have been knitting this last month Oh yes I did a hat for Beka a really lovely free pattern on Rav Xeranthemum lovely name! Made another Poplar Cowl no 3 and these I wear all the time. I highly recommend this pattern to all.
Well it must be time to make some lunch, soup I think to keep those chills away! I bought myself a new stockpot Used my other one for dyeing!!) and made myself up a big pot of chicken soup with lots of split peas and veg very tasty and freezes great for days such as this! Oh yes I forgot won another prize in another KAL cant wait to see what I get1 Take care and keep warm on my side of the world Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oparara Arch

Oparara Arch

Bush Robin?

Bush Robin?
Sharing Lunch

Mirror Tarn

Mirror Tarn

Bush Walk

Bush Walk
Nearly There

Scotts Beach

Scotts Beach
Worth the Walk