Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Living In Gods Own!

Well I forgot to mention here that on 26th July 1974 we emigrated to NZ from the UK. I cant believe I have been here 40 years!!! I haven't regretted a minute of it even though I still miss family and friends a lot. I love this land called Gods Own and I believe I live in the most beautiful place.... Nelson. Lovely sunny winters with the snow capped mountains in view and not too hot summers, lots of walks, national parks, stunning beaches, lakes etc etc! Blessed!!! I have had a desire to dye up some pale green yarn to make myself another cardi Criollo, this pattern fits so well and I am hoping that I have enough yarn to do long sleeves this time. I do have another skein of a slightly paler green in a different 4 ply that might do at a pinch Here it is cooking in the pot.The colour in the pot is closer to the real colour the other is too yellow. This co-lour reminds me of spring that is not too far away the daffodils are budding already and lots are out when I go walking. I also knitted another Gidday Baby this time with 4.5mm needles as the other 2 I made came too small, I use some merino that I dyed that I wasn't fond of knitted up but this mixed in with the natural yarn looks lovely I think. Again I used my hand made buttons. It would be great for a boy or girls there are not too many boy cardi's out there! Another pattern I have been wanting to try for a long time is called Cascade a sweet little girls cardi I did it in 8 ply Utiku wool and it came out about 6 months size. I put my handmade buttons on for a finishing touch I love this cardi the pics are coming out too red it is a really bright bright pink! Well have a happy day wherever you are! Janet xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oparara Arch

Oparara Arch

Bush Robin?

Bush Robin?
Sharing Lunch

Mirror Tarn

Mirror Tarn

Bush Walk

Bush Walk
Nearly There

Scotts Beach

Scotts Beach
Worth the Walk