Saturday, July 10, 2010

Frosty and Sunny Day





Hard frost this morning -2 deg Brr! Been fighting a cold this week but finally on the mend. Have been eating lots of kiwifruit and hot lemon and honey drinks. The lemons came from Lindsey's friend Kathy's tree ....... thanks Kathy!
I purchased another skein of Vintage Purls sock wool Colourway
Sealing Wax, lovely as ever. I also got some Knit Pro fixed circulars to try my hand at doing my socks Magic Loop. I think it will take a bit of getting used as I have always done them on DPNS. My fingers resemble pin cushions as the points are sooo sharp.

I am trying them out doing my new Daphne sock pattern. I am finding it really hard doing the toe up socks using turkish cast on I suppose it is more practice makes perfect. The wool I am using is Coccon a 4 ply baby wool that I think will suit this pattern. I also finished a pair of Bella's Mittens for Courtney. They were a pleasure to knit I frogged a wrap and knit 2 strands together and got a perfect gauge.
Ive got 2 loaves rising in the warm sun, a Foccocia and a white loaf both out of Alison Holsts Breadbook. This is the best bread book ever......... no failures here.
Have a good weekend all and keep warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oparara Arch

Oparara Arch

Bush Robin?

Bush Robin?
Sharing Lunch

Mirror Tarn

Mirror Tarn

Bush Walk

Bush Walk
Nearly There

Scotts Beach

Scotts Beach
Worth the Walk