Sunday, July 18, 2010

More Theodora's





This week has been all about socks. I was lucky enough to get this delicious yarn from Vintage Purls called Esmeralda, I was looking for something to knit the Theodora pattern again and this is how they are turning out. I really like this pattern and I am getting used to toe ups. I am in a hurry to get them finished for R s Birthday, hope I have better luck finding some ribbon this time have none in my stash that works. I also finished a pair of plain socks in another V P yarn, lepanto, lovely shades of blue black and green. Which looks even better knitted up, goes great with Jeans, this one is for me.
I have already cast on for the beret pattern Calvados This is a design by Sheryl Greenfield that I won in a competition on her blog here. I am loving how this is knitting up, the wool I got off of Trademe its a thicker wool than required but seem to be working out okay. It is lovely and soft with a silver sheen running through it.
Been a bit of a sad week this week, my nephew died suddenly in the UK he was such a lovely guy. Times like this you wish you were closer. I am so pleased I got to catch up with him when he visited N Z a few years ago..... good memories.
Well the sun is trying to break though but it is very weak, good weather to sit and knit and get those WIPs finished.
Hope you all have a great weekend. Blessings.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oparara Arch

Oparara Arch

Bush Robin?

Bush Robin?
Sharing Lunch

Mirror Tarn

Mirror Tarn

Bush Walk

Bush Walk
Nearly There

Scotts Beach

Scotts Beach
Worth the Walk