Friday, July 30, 2010

2nd Instalment of Winter Sock Club



These arrived this week and the colours are lovely as usual, the pattern more than a little challenging but really amazing. I have never done colourwork before but would like to give it a go perhaps one day soon. In the parcel was some lovely chocs and some gift tags, which I am sure I will use! Well done Morag.
I also finished my 'Esmeralda Theodora's' these are a gift for my DD birthday soon. Still having problems finding ribbon for these.
I also made a pair of toe up ankle socks for GD they turned out great.
This week I have been teaching my G D to make some of these little cuties. They use a bottle cork and are so easy to make, she learnt how to do purls decreases and cast off. She is very proud of them.
It has been a lovely week this week with lots of sunshine and a few frosts. Made a nice meal last night of Curried Meatballs and Satay Sauce.

Meatballs And Spicy Peanut Sauce



Cooking time 15 mins.

Microwave time 8 mins.


400g mince

1 onion finely diced

1 teas each of ground ginger and chicken stock

Salt & pepper

1 cup fresh bread crumbs

1 egg

I add a few more dried bread crumbs if mixture is wet

2 tsp curry powder

Sauce

½ cup peanut butter

2 tlbs soy sauce

1 tlbs hot chili sauce or ½ tsp chili powder

¼ cup tomato sauce

1 cup water

400 grams Spaghetti


Method

Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Use wet hands to form into balls.

Bake 180 for 15 mins.

combine sauce ingredients heat until almost boiling. Pour over the meatballs, serve with noodles or spaghetti.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Oparara Arch

Oparara Arch

Bush Robin?

Bush Robin?
Sharing Lunch

Mirror Tarn

Mirror Tarn

Bush Walk

Bush Walk
Nearly There

Scotts Beach

Scotts Beach
Worth the Walk