Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hail Rain and Shine


Today has been quite cold with gales, rain, hail also sun at times so that was nice. Been out a bit this week, went to my friends Ruth for a catch up, when I returned 2 parcels were waiting for me. I seem to be blessed this last week or so with unexpected parcels. One was from my other daughter in Christchurch who sent a big bag of my favourite Earl Grey tea-bags, 2 Sherbet Dabs and a Walnut Whip to remind me of my childhood in England, some makeup and perfume samples and nail polish, I am really spoilt. The other parcel was from the lovely Morag from Vintage Purls, with 2 lovely skeins of sock yarn in a blood red so scrummy and a nice blue not sure what I will be doing with them yet, have to be something special for that red!
It seems the aftershocks have quitened down in
Christchurch thank goodness, hopefully they will soon get a good nights sleep.
On the knitting side of things I have made 2 Pebble Vests. and I am on my third, love the colourway of this wool from The Wool Company
it is called Mangrove and is lovely to knit with. I am going to try my hand at making polymer clay buttons for these. There are some lovely ones around for sale, here at Buttons by Benji.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oparara Arch

Oparara Arch

Bush Robin?

Bush Robin?
Sharing Lunch

Mirror Tarn

Mirror Tarn

Bush Walk

Bush Walk
Nearly There

Scotts Beach

Scotts Beach
Worth the Walk